port reclaim exclude build dependencies

Jonathan Stickel jjstickel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 15:34:05 UTC 2019

The `reclaim` command of port is a great idea. However, it has a serious
limitation, at least for me. When checking for leaves, it does not
consider build dependencies, which I like to keep (rather than
reinstalling every time they are needed). Therefore I cannot let it
uninstall leaves. Fortunately, I can still use port_cutleaves for this
purpose, using the `-b` option. As far as I can tell, such an option
does not exist for port reclaim. Is there sufficient interest to
(re-)open a ticket requesting this feature? I found this one that is
basically the same as what I am requesting:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/57180

It was closed with `worksforme`, suggesting that the submitter should
use `setrequested` for his build dependencies. I would rather not do
that because build dependencies can change as ports evolve.

Thanks,
Jonathan