Can LLVM be built so that its 'lib' directory has higher priority by default?

Ces VLC cesarillovlc at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 21:54:41 UTC 2019

Hi,

I'm building LLVM 7.0.1 manually (well, following the MacPorts port file,
but doing it manually), and I'm aiming for getting a clang/clang++ that by
default looks for libs in the LLVMHOME/lib directory (where LLVMHOME is the
installation prefix used when building LLVM) before looking at /usr/lib and
at /usr/local/lib

The main purpose is that I want that the LLVM libc++ is always used by
default, instead of the MacOS one.

Of course I know I can add LLVMHOME/lib as a -L option passed to clang++,
but I want it to be a default rather than a -L option, because some
packages come with broken Makefiles that overwrite any tuning that you wish
to perform through environment variables such as LDFLAGS or CXXFLAGS.

How can I build LLVM with this behavior?

Thanks a lot!

César