A couple of questions re:Mysql, MariaDB

Ralph Seichter m16+macports at monksofcool.net
Mon Jan 28 23:36:14 UTC 2019

* S. L. Garwood via macports-users:

> I am porting a medium size SQL lookup application for SOHO use on a
> Mac Mini and am free to choose (as long as the API stays compatible).

If you are certain about the software being content with both MariaDB
and MySQL, I'd say it is a matter of personal taste. I did come across
some commercially available software -- most notably Atlassian's Jira
and Confluence -- which unfortunately does not support MariaDB even in
the latest respective production relases.

-Ralph