telnet

Dr M J Carter Martin.Carter at physics.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jul 5 09:26:13 UTC 2019

On Fri, Jul 05, 2019 at 10:56:28AM +0200, Christoph Kukulies wrote:

> I’m surprised there is no telnet under standard macOS.

I'm not: it, and FTP, are horribly insecure.  The corresponding
server-end daemons are (or should be) turned off on most sites in the
interests of self-defence, and replaced by use of SSH.

> Is there a macport? and if, what’s the package name?

$ port search telnet
inetutils @1.9.4_11 (net)
    Inetutils is a collection of common network programs, including ftp, telnet,
    rsh, rlogin, tftp and the corresponding daemons.

--
Dr Martin J Carter
Computer System Administrator