Is XSANE supported under Sierra?

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Mon Jul 8 21:29:45 UTC 2019

MacBook running Sierra + all patches (it will *not* go further), XSANE
0.999.

The scanner is an Epson Perfection1240 (pretty old now) and XSANE stopped
seeing it around the time I upgraded to Sierra (or could have been a minor
update, as I rarely use it).  USB info sees it, so it's not the OS as
such; I'm guessing that the API has changed?

USB:

   Perfection1240:

   Product ID:	0x010b
   Vendor ID:	0x04b8  (Seiko Epson Corp.)
   Version:	1.03
   Speed:	Up to 12 Mb/sec
   Manufacturer:	EPSON
   Location ID:	0x04100000 / 2
   Current Available (mA):	500
   Extra Operating Current (mA):	0

port info xsane:

   xsane @0.999 (graphics, x11)
   Variants:             disable_gimp

                         Project.
   Homepage:             https://www.openhub.net/p/xsane

   Build Dependencies:   pkgconfig
   Library Dependencies: gimp2, jpeg, gtk2, libpng, sane-backends, lcms
   Platforms:            darwin
   License:              GPL-2
   Maintainers:          Email: michael.klein at puffin.lb.shuttle.de, GitHub:
                         mklein-de