where did old clang compilers go?

Riccardo Mottola riccardo.mottola at libero.it
Sun Jul 21 07:11:58 UTC 2019

Hi all!

I did an upgrade on my 10.6 MacBook ... I am stuck on a few remaining
packages, but I did accept "reclaim" since there were many many packages
apparently.

This operation removed clang 3.4, 3.9, 4.0 and 5.0 ! Now... I need those
compilers to compile code (currently not in MacPorts, but hopefully
soon) like TenFourFox and ArcticFox.

if I try to reinstall 3.9, I get that the port is obsoleted! I cannot
even reactivated it.

Newer clang compiler, e.g. 8, fail to compile code for Mac 10.6 because
of old headers.

How can I get it back? and, generally, I don't think it was good idea to
remove them: MacPorts is very useful to get development tools, not just
"end-apps" which might in the meanwhile all be migrated to newer compilers.

Riccardo