Upgrading MacOS From 10.9.5 To 10.13 - MacPorts Implications

Michael Newman mgnewman at mac.com
Tue Jun 18 12:48:39 UTC 2019

> On Jun 18, 2019, at 19:00, Chris Jones <jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk <mailto:jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk>> wrote:
>
> Yes. You always have to follow the migration guide when updating to a
> new major OS.

Thanks. I have no problem with that. Done it many times in the past. But, there is still one thing I don’t fully understand.

My next visit to this site may be a brief one. If I only have time to do the MacOS upgrade, but not the MacPorts migration, will the MacPorts binaries that I have already installed continue to work under the new OS, or is there a chance that some will fail?