texlive no longer finds (some of) its style files?

joerg van den hoff veedeehjay at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 17:16:42 UTC 2019

seen with OSX 10.4.5 and current port:

after today's update from texlive2018 to texlive2019 previously compiling documents no longer do,
complaining about assorted missing style files, e.g.

mparhack.sty
ellipsis.sty
wrapfig.sty

I trust all of these should be included in the default "medium" installation (according to CTAN they
are _somewhere_ in texlive at least).

since I am not a latex wizard, I am not sure where to look now or what shell variables/search paths
to set (if any). until this morning this was not necessary anyway...

and manually installing all these "missing" style files sure is not called for I presume.

so my question: what has changed? or what am I missing?

thank you

joerg