trying to migrate tot php 7.3

macports at parvis.nl macports at parvis.nl
Tue Mar 5 12:42:52 UTC 2019

I want to get rid of old PHP and I am migrating to PHP 7.3.

I have this program that runs both on a web page and from command line, using PEAR Console_CommandLine.

The current version of pear-Console_CommandLine in macports is 1.2.0 (2012), and it loops on PHP 7.x. The current version on pear.php.net is 1.2.2 (2016), tested on PHP 70.1+7.2, so I probably have to use PHP 7.2, and then I tried to do a local install of 1.2.2.

pear itself depends on pear/Archive_Tar, pear/Structures_Graph, pear/Console_Getopt, pear/XML_Util, all with old versions.
These modules are in /opt/local, but try to mkdir in /usr/lib/php/pear and that is not allowed by OSX.

pear-PEAR is 1.9.4 on macports (2011), 1.10.7 on pear.php.net (2018).

It seems macports is not quite up-to-date ;-)

Could anyone help me to get pear and Console_CommandLine to work on PHP 7.3, 70.2, or 7.1 ?

Should a post a ticket for this?

Should I do local installs for everything pear-related? port group pear?

Thanks,
paul de vries.