How can I install a MacPorts port that is linked with an earlier MacOS release?

Michael A. Leonetti mikealeonetti at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 15:03:37 UTC 2019

Hello all! First time on the list. Good to meet everybody.

I'm developing an App that I would love to distribute to at the latest El
Capitan machines and I'm developing on a High Sierra machine. In order to do
this, I know I need packages that otool says supports the minimum version of
El Capitan. If I install, for example, boost via MacPorts it supports only
High Sierra and above according to otool.

How an I install the port packages that support El Capitan (or any specific
MacOS version) and above to link against?

--
Sent from: http://mac-os-forge.2317878.n4.nabble.com/MacPorts-Users-f115275.html