How I could restrict download mirrors

Christopher Chavez chrischavez at gmx.us
Tue Mar 19 23:48:54 UTC 2019

> On Mar 18, 2019, at 3:30 AM, FritzS - gmx <fritzs at gmx.net> wrote:
>
> How I could restrict download mirrors?
>
> I want only download ports from macports.org server self or european mirrors, like French, German, Austrian, etc. mirrors.

Hi FritzS,

I am another MacPorts user; I am not not aware of a way to allow only specific mirrors to be used while excluding all others.

The closest thing I am aware of is the host_blacklist and preferred_hosts options in macports.conf. You can set preferred_hosts to the mirrors you prefer, and set  host_blacklist to any mirrors that you would like to avoid. This may not be exactly what you’re looking for, though, as it would be impractical to block every “fallback” mirror already specified in Portfiles that are used in the event the MacPorts mirrors are unavailable or do not have a needed file.

If you truly need MacPorts to never use any other mirrors than ones specified, then you might open a ticket requesting such a feature be added, e.g. some only_use_preferred_hosts option added to macports.conf.

Hope this helps

Christopher A. Chavez