OpenBLAS binary packages

Artur Szostak aszostak at partner.eso.org
Thu May 16 10:52:27 UTC 2019

I get and understand your concerns. Consider my comment as giving a data point from real world use in the wild. You already seem to be aware of the trade offs and consequences of technology choice and policy decisions related to package managers and how they are used.

As for bug reports: We have made these as and where necessary. However, if you want earlier and better feedback, I can only suggest to make this process trivial for the end users, i.e. the goal would be the equivalent of one click reporting. This is hard to implement properly though, without exposing the project to abuse (e.g. spam etc.) and keeping end user security in mind. If done right however,  I think this could be a significant improvement to the project overall.