OpenBLAS binary packages

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Sat May 18 17:49:15 UTC 2019

> A brutal, but possibly effective policy approach would be to drop such ports after a few weeks grace period.

I hope this thought doesn't reflect a real push, but rather just transient frustration.

Homebrew has no concept of maintainers. But they do have only a small number of committers, that shepherd PRs from users and automated updater bots.

Over the past few years there have been plenty of times I thought our maintainer policy has worked against us. The whole idea that one person can lay claim to an open source project sometimes does not serve to bring out the best in people. But so far, all in all, it works.

If someone recognizes a need for an update or fix to a useful nomaintainer port, it is usually done quickly. Fringe ports not so much, as expected.

Best, Ken