Wine - is it a macport?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri May 24 07:35:12 UTC 2019

On May 24, 2019, at 02:30, Michael wrote:

> On 2019-05-23, at 11:50 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> I usually keep these ports updated. I have not lately, because late in the wine 4 development cycle support for MoltenVK was added. I added this to the wine-devel port. But MoltenVK does not support old macOS SDKs,
>
> If I'm understanding you correctly, "wine" works and is the stable (not wine 4) version (how out of date is this?), and what is the status of wine-crossover?
>
> Also, how recent is wine-devel, and what level of OS does it now require?

According to the developers of Wine, version 4 is stable. I have not yet updated the wine port in MacPorts to that version, nor have I updated the wine-devel or wine-crossover ports since that time, because I want to resolve the MoltenVK issue first.

All Wine ports in MacPorts have similar OS requirements; it looks like they currently build on OS X Mavericks or later.

On macOS Sierra or later, the wine-devel port has MoltenVK support.