postgresql83-server - Further Woes

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Nov 3 10:23:18 UTC 2019

On Nov 3, 2019, at 04:19, Michael Newman wrote:

> Locate did not find this plist on the boot volume. It did find it in a Carbon Copy Cloner SafetyNet directory on a backup drive.
>
> MrMuscle:home mnewman$ locate org.macports.postgresql83-server.plist
> /Volumes/Clorox2/_CCC SafetyNet/2019-10-30 (October 30) 01-00-52/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.postgresql83-server.plist
> /Volumes/Clorox2/_CCC SafetyNet/2019-10-30 (October 30) 01-00-52/opt/local/etc/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.postgresql83-server/org.macports.postgresql83-server.plist
>
> I think the first one is a symbolic link to the second.

Yes, that's how MacPorts sets those up. The real file is in /opt/local, but for the OS to see it, it has to be in /Library so we symlink it there.

> So, I’m stuck. I can tell DetectX to ignore this, but that seems more like a coverup than a solution.

I am not familiar with DetectX. Are you saying it is repeatedly complaining about "org.macports.postgresql83-server.plist"? If so, does it give any more details about where it thinks that is?