mysql57, boost and postgresql84

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Nov 6 05:30:14 UTC 2019

On Nov 5, 2019, at 19:39, Michael Newman wrote:

> Maybe I’m just not smart enough to play with MacPorts….

Normally things work pretty well. Sometimes you'll encounter errors. Unfortunately we'll have to deal with them on a case by case basis!

> This on an iMac still running Mojave.
>
> This morning I did selfupdate and upgrade outdated with the following result:
>
> Error: mysql57 cannot be built while boost is active.
> Error: Please forcibly deactivate boost, e.g. by running:
> Error:
> Error:     sudo port -f deactivate boost
> Error:
> Error: Then try again. You can reactivate boost again later.
>
> I deactivated boost as instructed and ran upgrade outdated again.
>
> This time mysql built OK, but I got:

Ok great. Don't forget to reactivate boost. (sudo port activate boost)

Please show us this file. You could file a bug report in our issue tracker and attach it. Or you could upload it to a paste service (perhaps https://paste.macports.org ) and send us the URL.