installed port wants to rebuild

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Nov 8 04:39:16 UTC 2019

On Nov 7, 2019, at 21:23, Stan Sanderson wrote:

> OS X 10.14, all installed ports up-to-date.
> Re: kmymoney4-devel
>
> Since the recent problem with kdepimlibs4 was solved (thanks!),  port upgrade outdated consistently ends with
> --->  Scanning binaries for linking errors
> --->  Found 2 broken files, matching files to ports
> --->  Found 1 broken port, determining rebuild order
> You can always run 'port rev-upgrade' again to fix errors.
> The following ports will be rebuilt: kmymoney4-devel @4.8.1-20171206
>
> port installed kmymon* returns
>   kmymoney4-devel @4.8.1-20171206_2 (active)
> and, indeed, it is running normally. However, Iā€™m wondering where the ā€œ_2ā€ came from

2 is the revision of the port. We increment the revision of a port when we need to push a change out to you without changing the version of the port.

> , why I am prompted to rebuild each time,

Because MacPorts has identified that it is broken, in other words it links with libraries which don't exist or aren't working. If you run `sudo port -d rev-upgrade` it will tell you specifically what files are involved.

> and how to correct it.

Allowing the rev-upgrade process to rebuild the port should be the correction. If that build is failing, show us the main.log.