gdal at 3.0.1_3: Argument list too long

Bill Cole macportsusers-20171215 at billmail.scconsult.com
Thu Nov 28 19:21:25 UTC 2019

On 27 Nov 2019, at 15:50, Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate via
macports-users wrote:

> I found advice suggesting that the maximum command length is related
> to the
> stack size.  I am not sure this is correct for Mac OS.  However, if
> true,
> this would be an easy fix for argument list too long.
>
> Can anyone tell me whether increasing the stack size would increase
> the
> maximum command length?

Unlikely. That limit is set at kernel build time, in the kern.argmax
parameter which is a maximum byte count. On MacOS X (since before Snow
Leopard and at least though Mojave) this is 256K. Looking at the ticket,
is seems that in your case the command line is close to 270K and that
using the default install prefix would cut about 50K from that.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org
Not For Hire (currently)