gdal at 3.0.1_3: Argument list too long

Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate dave.allured at noaa.gov
Fri Nov 29 16:01:23 UTC 2019

Thanks to Ryan, Bill, Richard for all the advice about stack and maximum
command length.  I think the relation to stack size is something I picked
up from a Linux discussion.  Apparently some versions of Linux work this
way.

I have the longer user home prefix because my institutional network policy
prevents all write access to /opt/anything.  I will report this upstream to
gdal, and see if they can segment their giant link commands, or something.
One gdal user recently suggested the following, which seems viable (see
near bottom of the message):

https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/issues/1429#issuecomment-481215759