Installing GQ

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Oct 2 07:36:40 UTC 2019

On Oct 2, 2019, at 00:57, Dave Horsfall wrote:

> (Sorry for the delay)
>
> On Sat, 18 Apr 2015, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> I've fixed this problem now. If you "sudo port selfupdate" and try again it should work.
>
> No, but installing XML::Parser (or its MacPorts equivalent) fixed that error.

I'm glad you were able to work around it that way, but as I said, it is not necessary. The correct fix is to autoreconf the affect port's configure script.

> Now...
>
> It's still failing, but with
>
>    :info:build gq_display_entry_init(GQDisplayEntry* self) {}
>    :info:build                                       ^
>    :info:build dt_cert.c:193:29: error: incomplete definition of type 'struct x509_st'
>
> Some assorted warnings, too; main.log (in GZIP) is attached (I think that's the correct protocol here).
>
> Is my MacBook (Sierra 10.12.6 + all patches) simply now too old to run it i.e. has obsolete header files?
>
> I cannot upgrade it to a later OS; it simply won't, and I've tried twice, failing each time with different errors so I've given up).

The openssl port has been updated to version 1.1. Many, many ports are not compatible with this version of openssl, and it looks like you've discovered that gq is one of them. Each such port will need to be individually investigated and fixed.

Josh has filed a ticket for both of these problems with gq, but the maintainer has not responded for 2 weeks, so if anyone else wants to help get it done, please do:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/59054

\r