Starting clamav-server, no socket for clamd?

Steven Smith steve.t.smith at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 17:45:11 UTC 2019

It should just start and create a Unix socket in the location specified in clamd.conf.

When I have to debug launch items like this, I look at the .wrapper script (/opt/local/etc/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.clamd/clams.wrapper—this is from memory but should be close), then run the Start() function by hand and try to isolate the error.

Log directory doesn’t exist for some reason? Socket directory? Misspecification in the .conf file? Something else?