compiler warning

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Oct 12 02:39:37 UTC 2019

On Oct 10, 2019, at 22:58, Andrew Hartung wrote:

> What does this mean?
>
> Warning: All compilers are either blacklisted or unavailable; defaulting to first fallback option
>
> 10.14.6 with xcode 10.
>
> Showed up after the latest port update I ran after here:
>
> Adding subport libomp-devel
> Warning: All compilers are either blacklisted or unavailable; defaulting to first fallback option
> Warning: All compilers are either blacklisted or unavailable; defaulting to first fallback option
> Adding port lang/llvm-9.0
> Warning: All compilers are either blacklisted or unavailable; defaulting to first fallback option
> Warning: All compilers are either blacklisted or unavailable; defaulting to first fallback option
> Adding subport clang-9.0
> Warning: All compilers are either blacklisted or unavailable; defaulting to first fallback option
> Warning: All compilers are either blacklisted or unavailable; defaulting to first fallback option
> Adding subport lldb-9.0
>

> and here:
>
> Warning: All compilers are either blacklisted or unavailable; defaulting to first fallback option
> --->  Computing dependencies for llvm-9.0.

llvm, clang, and lldb are all part of the same software package.

Different ports impose different restrictions on the versions of compilers they can be built with. According to the llvm-9.0 portfile, llvm-9.0 and clang-9.0 blacklist clang < 602 while lldb-9.0 blacklists clang < 700.

The message you received means that, after applying the blacklist, no suitable compiler remains. That should not be the case with Xcode 10; you should have clang 1000 or newer, which should be fine. What version of clang do you actually have? Run

/usr/bin/clang --version

to find out. If it's less than 1000, try (re)installing the command line tools.

If that's not it, the compiler blacklist versions portgroup was recently changed. Maybe in doing so we introduced a bug.