Xcode 11 on Mojave

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Oct 12 15:06:40 UTC 2019

On Oct 12, 2019, at 03:36, Chris Jones wrote:

> On 12 Oct 2019, at 3:28 am, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Oct 11, 2019, at 09:57, Joshua Root wrote:
>>
>>> Xcode itself only contains a 10.15 SDK, but the Command Line Tools have
>>> a 10.14 one. You should be mostly fine with them installed, though there
>>> are some exceptions. Our installation instructions have always said to
>>> install both Xcode and the CLTs.
>>
>> But the CLT has the SDK in a different path than Xcode does, of course. And if Xcode-based SDK paths got baked into various ports on our Xcode-10-using Mojave build worker, then that will be a problem for any users that have Xcode 11, whether or not they have the CLT.
>
> Does the 10.14 buildbot have the CLT installed ? If not, maybe adding it would help ?

At the time that 10.14 was released, the word was that we wanted to support MacPorts with Xcode only, without the CLT. Therefore the 10.14 buildbot worker is the first one on which I installed only Xcode and not the CLT.

Now Joshua has said we are changing our minds on this, and therefore I should install the CLT on the 10.14 buildbot worker.

It is still running Xcode 10, and given all the problems we're seeing with SDK paths, it seems like I should keep it on Xcode 10 and not upgrade it to 11.