PortAuthority, MacPorts GUI for Catalina

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Mon Oct 14 03:07:59 UTC 2019

I'd like to take a moment to re-introduce my GUI for MacPorts,
PortAuthority, now updated for Catalina.

PortAuthority makes it easy to install thousands of Unix software
packages for macOS.  PortAuthority's familiar three-pane interface lets
you get started doing what you want to do--finding, installing, and
removing software for MacPorts.

PortAuthority is the longest-running GUI for MacPorts, in active
development since the early days of the project (2004, when it was still
DarwinPorts!), and the only current, stable GUI available on the market.
Other attempts to develop a native UI for MacPorts have stalled out, but
PortAuthority is still here, keeping up with changes in both macOS and
in MacPorts.

My app had previously been proprietary shareware, then was open-sourced
under the MIT license and costing a nominal sum to register. I have now
made the app fully free to download and use, but I do request that you
donate to support the app's development at Liberapay, which is a sort of
Patreon for OSS developers.