brs - still has issues

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil at smart.net
Mon Oct 14 19:33:48 UTC 2019

The recent changes get this to build.  But it promptly comes up with "short read", and exits.  Perhaps a 64-bit issue of some kind?

I'm guessing that unless it's more obvious to someone else than it was to me what's happening, this would be an upstream problem.  Since that software has received somewhat random maintenance over the years by different, is there an authoritative upstream?

For 32-bit, my best luck was years ago with a self-compiled 4.00c version (implicitly and-ed multiple words on a search, an improvement on the longer original way of doing that)). But I don't recall where I got the tarball, or even where I kept a copy.