Xorg-server problems

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Wed Oct 16 04:28:52 UTC 2019

Hi,

So, first things first.

Have you followed the instructions to log out then in again ? This is required to get xorg-server working.

Then, please remove your custom xinitrc etc. and confirm a default configuration works as expected. I usually use something like xclock for this, to check the server auto starts as it should

> sudo port install xclock
> xclock&

Does that work ok ?

Chris

P.s. in future please do not hijack threads to start a new discussion on a different issue.