mpv, ffmpeg seg fault in macOS catalina

Christopher Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Thu Oct 17 21:35:56 UTC 2019

Hi,

10.15 issues are worked around in

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/36c3a9a2844ab979be1388280922b25d1f7b56ce <https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/36c3a9a2844ab979be1388280922b25d1f7b56ce>

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/2de6959b098cb95883863a2cf46575dfcf4c211c <https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/2de6959b098cb95883863a2cf46575dfcf4c211c>

They blacklist Xcode 11 clang, and thus the builds fallback to one of MacPorts MP’s clang compilers (9.0).

Running Xcode 10 on macOS10.15 is unnecessary, and not really a good idea.

For ‘Part B’ difficult to say as long as Xcode has issues (which I understand as off 11.1 it does). Until those are addressed hard to say if the project themselves also have issues to address.

Chris