MacPorts 2.6.2: Failed to configure postgresql83

Michael Newman mgnewman at mac.com
Mon Oct 21 23:40:52 UTC 2019

I have no idea what to do about this. The error message includes:

Error: Failed to configure postgresql83, consult /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_databases_postgresql83/postgresql83/work/postgresql-8.3.23/config.log
Error: Failed to configure postgresql83: configure failure: command execution failed
Error: See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_databases_postgresql83/postgresql83/main.log for details.

I looked at the log files referred to, but they are way above my ability level.