Mail server install questions

Steven Smith steve.t.smith at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 19:06:04 UTC 2019

> I was wondering, btw, how the situation was regarding push notifications to iOS devices.

I’m motivated to address that every time I have to wait two seconds for my email cache to refresh… I’ll get to that after I clear off some other items on the plate.

Again, this isn’t an issue. Just don’t load dns-server. Or delete the port. It’s not even part of the mail-server launch daemon: https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/blob/master/mail/mail-server/Portfile

> So, what is your setting for Host Name and Computer name in Server.app? Both FQDN?

Always go FQDN.