Xcode update broke ports

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil at smart.net
Mon Sep 23 22:35:08 UTC 2019

Eventually MacPorts and/or Xcode will get fixed. I'm not involved except as someone else that wants it to work (I was fortunate and asked before installing it, and was warned that there might be problems). So I have no idea when "eventually" might be. Hopefully those who know more will let us know.

Until then, you can still download older Xcode versions outside of the app store, and install them:
https://developer.apple.com/download/more/ <https://developer.apple.com/download/more/>

10.3 is the one you want, I think.

You may need an account, although it does not have to be a paid developer account.