Ubuntu 18.04.4 on older Apple hardware

Uli Wienands wienands at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 15:48:26 UTC 2020

Ken,

I have been toying with that idea for a 2009 17-inch MBP (I think it may
be MacBook3,1). I really like the 'book; it is my main machine for
playing around, web surfing etc. (using mostly Riccardo & your build of
104fx on Snow Leo). Apart from that, it is the machine I use mostly
MacPorts-installed software on, which exists on Linux as well.

Do you have somewhere a list of the "shenanigans" to get things running?
I know the graphics is a potential issue, I'd rather use the dedicated card.

Thanks,
Uli