Port install never uses packages, always compiles from source - why?

Lothar Haeger lothar.haeger at gmx.net
Sat Apr 11 09:33:55 UTC 2020

> If you change a setting in macports.conf, you should uninstall and reinstall any ports affected by that setting.

Ryan, thank a lot for the explanations and the guide to selectively reinstall! Worked like a charm and after using MP for years I now actually experience how much faster installs can be when not building from source. :-)

Would be great if you could add that info to the FAQ, too, so others do not need to find out the hard way (or never).