On building poppler

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sun Apr 12 21:01:56 UTC 2020

Looks like some sort of a PDF viewer (I didn't exactly choose to install
it, so I'm guessing that it's a dependency) but it's always failing on my
regular "port upgrade outdated" (and yes, I've dropped the "-p" flag
unless I really need it).

     --->  Configuring poppler
     Error: poppler cannot be built while another version of poppler is active.
     Error: Please forcibly deactivate the existing copy of poppler, e.g. by running:
     Error:
     Error:     sudo port -f deactivate poppler
     Error:
     Error: Then try again.
     Error: Failed to configure poppler: poppler is active
     Error: See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_macports_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_poppler/poppler/main.log for details.
     Error: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets to report a bug.

I can't believe that I'm the only one seeing this (it fixes itself) but it
looks like some step has been omitted in the build process.  Should I
report a bug that likely has been reported before, or could be my fault
somehow?  I don't report bugs unless I'm convinced that it's a bug (before
I retired I had a reputation for quality reports).

And yes, I have a shipload of other responses to address as soon as I get
a round tuit...

Thanks.

-- Dave