Installing older binary versions

Christopher Chavez chrischavez at gmx.us
Fri Apr 24 19:26:21 UTC 2020

On 4/24/2020 12:58 PM, dan d. wrote:
> How can one install one of the older binaries found on the macports binary list page?

I don't know why or how long older binaries are made available, but in
general older version of a port cannot/should not be installed, neither
from source nor presumably binary. In some cases if an older version of
something is necessary then a separate port can be made for. See thread
"How to pin a package?" from about a month ago.
https://www.mail-archive.com/macports-users@lists.macports.org/msg05835.html

I think this topic might deserve an entry in the FAQ.

Christopher A. Chavez