info

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Dec 5 03:52:35 UTC 2020

On Dec 4, 2020, at 21:32, Ken Cunningham wrote:

> On 2020-12-04 6:56 p.m., Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> The reason for this is that ports.macports.org only shows status for ports that were built directly. It does not show status for ports that were built indirectly
>

> Hah! We should certainly prioritize that deficiency for fixing... I had no idea that it worked like that.

It's not easy to fix with the way it currently works. Currently ports.macports.org takes the status information from each build on build.macports.org. Each build is for a port. But if that port's dependencies weren't already built, they will be built as well, but there is no way in the buildbot API to ask which of the dependencies needed to be built (vs. which were already built) nor whether that build succeeded or failed.

This is probably a topic we should revisit after we have upgraded to buildbot 2. Trying to fix it now would just make more work for us as we try to convert to buildbot 2.