Compile ffmpeg static file from Macports?

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 05:05:10 UTC 2020

Years ago, I had a Windows machine and ffmpeg would break all the time, so
I used a static build for reliability. I'm happy to say that I have found
MacPorts ffmpeg to be very reliable and of course up to date; I used it
today to transcode from Apple ProRes 422 to H.264 for the Web for the first
time. Last month I helped a friend adding an introduction video to a
website with cropping, titles, and a logo bug added with ffmpeg

Sean