how change menus in openscad from Russian to English?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Dec 6 20:49:33 UTC 2020

On Dec 6, 2020, at 12:23, Murray Eisenberg wrote:

> I just installed the openscad port and find that nearly all its menu items in the installed GUI OpenSCAD.app are in Russian, in which I’m rather rusty.
>
> How can that language be changed? I tried its preferences but found no language setting (or at least didn’t recognize a Russian word or phrase for doing that).

Check the list of languages you have configured for macOS in System Preferences: Language & Region, and check what values are set in your shell for the environment variables LANG, LC_ALL, LC_MESSAGES.

> I do note that the port is for a rather old version of openscad, namely, 2015.03-3, whereas the current version of source listed at https://www.openscad.org/downloads.html is 2019.05.

Please file a ticket in our issue tracker assigned to the port's maintainer asking them to update the port, or submit a pull request updating the port.