povray build error

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 21:59:09 UTC 2020

My mistake in calling the learning system WIMS a port — it is not. Rather, it is a separate download, from:

	 https://wims.matapp.unimib.it/wims/wims.cgi?session=86081EB7CC.1&+lang=en&+module=adm%2Flight&+phtml=download.phtml.en

However, the installation instructions at

	https://wiki.wimsedu.info/doku.php?id=installation:apple:macosx <https://wiki.wimsedu.info/doku.php?id=installation:apple:macosx>

specify that it needs:

sudo port install latex2html gnuplot octave maxima pari yacas povray wget ImageMagick graphviz p5-uri fortune qrencode

> On 6 Dec2020, at 4:00 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>

> On Dec 6, 2020, at 11:31, Murray Eisenberg wrote:
>
>> Any chance of povray being fixed to avoid the fatal build errors reported already at https://trac.macports.org/ticket/60961?
>>
>> I note that no maintainer is listed (from sp info --maintainer povray or on the ticket).
>
> Working on it.
>

>> I need it not only for itself, but in order to install the wims poart.
>
> I'm not able to find any port named "wims" or any port that depends on povray.

---
Murray Eisenberg			murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334