local *single* Portfile

Dominik Reichardt domiman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 11:09:51 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I need to test whether a patch for cairo helps for a severe crash bug when you build against it with macOS SDK 11.0.
(see https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/cairo/cairo/-/issues/420 <https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/cairo/cairo/-/issues/420> and the pull request !52 <https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/cairo/cairo/-/merge_requests/52>)

As Cairo, its dependencies as well as GTK+3 (+ dependencies) is all done via MacPorts, I wonder if I can do this via local port file + local code. I dimly remember doing something like this years ago and I didn’t need to do all of the 4.6. Local Portfile Repositories <https://guide.macports.org/chunked/development.local-repositories.html> steps (and especially where and how to reference local source repository alludes me).

Can you give me pointers? I will use the cairo-devel portfile as reference and just up the revision to be able to quickly add and discard it again.

Thanks,

Dom