Running X11 in MacOS-window-as-X11-display mode?

Ken Preslan ken at preslan.org
Tue Dec 8 08:42:13 UTC 2020

On Mon, Dec 07, 2020 at 03:41:57PM -0500, Justin Vallon wrote:
> I currently use a VNC server on a debian machine, and a VNC client on my
> Mac.  I am trying to configure my Mac to run the Xserver/VNC server so that
> I don't need to remote-connect to my Linux host.

Before Catalina, I was a big XQuartz user.  Performance and compatibility
got so bad in Catalina that I switched to exactly what you're doing now.
I too would like a X11-based VNC server running localy on my Mac.

I don't have a solution for you, but I thought you'd like to hear that your
not alone.

--
Ken Preslan <ken at preslan.org>