Leopard Intel compiler availability --> was Re: rebuild a package without an update

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 17:23:08 UTC 2020

> I thought the first Intel Minis had 2 slots that could take 1GB DIMMs. Bill Cole
> Bill, you may be correct! My last bit of internet sleuthing agrees with you… I think it is about time I took that beast apart and looked inside
I did this project on a MacMini 1,1 yesterday, and indeed there are 2 RAM slots there. I upgraded it to the maximum 2G which makes a noticable difference, to be honest, and also allows 32-bit 10.6.8, Windows 8.1, or some 32bit ubuntu versions (maybe 20.4, I read).

While I was in there I threw in a 10x larger HD I had around, and cleaned the optical drive so it works properly again. All with spare parts I had lying around from previous machine upgrades.

I read I can change the processor to a core2 duo on that machine; so we'll see about that someday perhaps.

Thanks for triggering the enthusiasm to get in there!

Ken