Warning: All compilers are either blacklisted or unavailable

Michael Newman mgnewman at mac.com
Thu Dec 31 09:12:51 UTC 2020

Some months ago I upgraded the OS on a remote 2010 MacBook (the white one) to High Sierra (10.13.16). After the upgrade I did the recommended MacPorts migration without problems.

I don’t visit this machine very regularly, so only recently remembered to run port clean all after doing a selfupdate/upgrade. Both of the latter ran without error, but the clean produced many like the following:

--->  Cleaning wxsvg
Warning: All compilers are either blacklisted or unavailable; defaulting to first fallback option

I’m not sure how to deal with this. There’s no indication that any ports failed to build, but the presence of the warning bothers me. I don’t see any recent list mentions of this issue.

Is there anything that I should do?

(Sorry for the New Year’s Eve interruption.)

Mike Newman
Korat, Thailand