Why does llvm depend on python 2.7?

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Wed Feb 5 13:49:23 UTC 2020

Hi,

Indeed thanks, I had found my way to that link already ;)

I think has far as Macports goes, we can fix this by just removing the
python dep. entirely for darwin >= 11. Its only needed on the older OSes
where the system python is not new enough. I have the changes to do this
almost ready, just running a few tests, so PRs will follow shortly.

Chris