Dependency untangling riddle

Vincent Habchi vince at macports.org
Wed Feb 5 17:48:22 UTC 2020

Hi again,

this time, I have another interesting quandary. When I try to install LyX, I get this message:

—
Air > sudo port install LyX +python38
--->  Computing dependencies for LyX
The following dependencies will be installed:
 […]
 py37-beaker
 py37-mako
 py37-markdown
 py37-markupsafe
 py37-setuptools
 python37
 […]
Continue? [Y/n]:
—

So basically I have a long list of dependents to install, one (or more) of which itself/themselves depend(s) on python 3.7, at least in its/their default version(s). Since I don’t want to have python3.7 installed alongside python3.8, how can I find out (easily) which port(s) in the list is/are requiring python37?

Thanks,
Vincent