Call for contributors to macOS port of GDB

Ruben Di Battista rubendibattista at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 22:38:59 UTC 2020

I mean, I guess you just need a registrar with an API for setting DNS records and a Python script to get your own DDNS service. I did for OVH, for example: https://pypi.org/project/ovh-dynhost/ ^^

But I guess we’re going off topic...

          _
-.     .´  |∞∞∞∞
  ',  ;    |∞∞∞∞∞∞
    ˜˜     |∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞ RdB
    ,.,    |∞∞∞∞∞∞
  .'   '.  |∞∞∞∞
-'       `’

https://rdb.is

On 15 February 2020 at 20:29:02, Jeffrey Walton (noloader at gmail.com) wrote:

On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 2:12 PM Dave Horsfall <dave at horsfall.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Feb 2020, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
>
> > Send over your SSH authroized_keys file, if interested. I'll send you
> > my IP address in return.
>
> It's been a while since I had to set up keys, but shouldn't you be asking
> for his public key to add to *your* authorized_keys file?

No, someone who wishes remote access collects their public keys and
puts them in an authorized_keys file. Then, I drop them at
<username>/.ssh/authorized_keys.

Usually what happens is someone sends me a *.pub file and it gets
cat'd into ssh/authorized_keys.

> > The downside is, I am in a Verizon DHCP block. You will need to ping me
> > on occasion to get my latest IP address.
>
> That's what dynamic DNS is for... There are various servers offering it.

Sorry, I don't use DDNS services.

I tried one about 15 years ago. They sold or shared my information
with Network Solutions, which would not stop spamming me. I tried to
get off their list for about 5 years. I tried normal support channels,
like contacting webmaster@, postmaster@, NS legal department, NS
support, NS executive support, Better Business Bureau complaints, FCC
complaints and FTC complaints. I finally had to take Network Solutions
to court to get off their damn list. Checkout Walton vs Network
Solutions filed in Montgomery County, MD.

I'll be damned if I go down that road again.

Jeff