Problems with not finding Framework header files on Mojave 10.14.6

Greg Earle earle at isolar.DynDNS.ORG
Sat Feb 22 09:29:37 UTC 2020

On 22 Feb 2020, at 0:46, Joshua Root wrote:

> Greg Earle wrote:
>
>> I have Xcode 10.3 installed on it (to ensure it installed the 10.14.6
>> SDK).
>
> Xcode 11 should also be OK as long as you have the Command Line Tools
> installed, which will provide the 10.14 SDK.
>
>> Warning: The macOS 10.14 SDK does not appear to be installed. Ports
>> may
>> not build correctly.
>
> This warning is generated by this code:
> <https://github.com/macports/macports-base/blob/master/src/port1.0/portutil.tcl#L3376>
>
> It's triggered by the SDK that was found not being called
> "MacOSX10.14.sdk".  We always try to use an SDK with the version in
> its
> name if at all possible, since we don't know which version
> "MacOSX.sdk"
> actually is.
>
> On my 10.14 system, this is the situation in the CLTs' SDKs directory:
>
> % ls -l /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk
> lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  10  4 Oct 13:30
> /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk -> MacOSX.sdk
>
> i.e. MacOSX10.14.sdk exists as a symlink.
>
> The log likely contains more relevant information; please post the
> whole
> thing to a pastebin so we can take a look.

Thanks "Joshua".  ;-)  I actually do have the "MacOSX10.14.sdk"
symlink(s).

I found the problem.  Got lucky with a random set of search strings, I
guess.

The problem is described on this page:

https://donatstudios.com/MojaveMissingHeaderFiles

--
Force re-install the header files:

$ sudo installer -pkg
/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/Packages/macOS_SDK_headers_for_macOS_10.14.pkg
-target /
--

Neither my work dev system or my work desktop system (both Mojave) had
the headers installed under /System/Library/Frameworks like they were

Running the above command fixed both my non-MacPorts build issues as
well as not being able to do a "port install mercurial".  (Now if
someone would just fix the busted mozjs60 port so I could upgrade
policykit ... )

Thanks and sorry for the long/noise OP,

		- Greg