MaPorts files missing

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sun Feb 23 22:07:31 UTC 2020

I tried to install "factor" (required by some other package), and got the
following with "port upgrade outdated":

     --->  Cleaning factor
     --->  Scanning binaries for linking errors
     Warning: Error parsing file /Applications/MacPorts/Factor-0.97/Factor.app/Contents/MacOS/factor: Error opening or reading file
     Warning: Error parsing file /Applications/MacPorts/Factor-0.97/extra/macho/a.macho: Error opening or reading file
     Warning: Error parsing file /Applications/MacPorts/Factor-0.97/extra/macho/a2.macho: Error opening or reading file
     Warning: Error parsing file /Applications/MacPorts/Python 2.7/Python Launcher.app/Contents/MacOS/Python Launcher: Error opening or reading file
     Warning: Error parsing file /Applications/MacPorts/Python 3.4/IDLE.app/Contents/MacOS/Python: Error opening or reading file
     Warning: Error parsing file /Applications/MacPorts/Python 3.4/Python Launcher.app/Contents/MacOS/Python Launcher: Error opening or reading file
     Warning: Error parsing file /Applications/MacPorts/Python 3.5/Python Launcher.app/Contents/MacOS/Python Launcher: Error opening or reading file
     Warning: Error parsing file /Applications/MacPorts/Python 3.7/Python Launcher.app/Contents/MacOS/Python Launcher: Error opening or reading file
     Warning: Error parsing file /Applications/MacPorts/Python 3.6/Python Launcher.app/Contents/MacOS/Python Launcher: Error opening or reading file
     Warning: Error parsing file /Applications/MacPorts/Audacity.app/Contents/MacOS/Audacity: Error opening or reading file
     --->  Found 4 broken files, matching files to ports
     --->  Found 2 broken ports, determining rebuild order
     --->  Rebuilding in order
 	 gq @1.2.3
 	 ldapvi @1.7

(GQ fails to build for reasons which I have yet to address)

Is this something that I can easily fix?

Hmmm...  Late news before sending this to the list:

     Daves-MacBook-Pro:~ dave$ cd /Applications/MacPorts
     Daves-MacBook-Pro:MacPorts dave$ ls
     AquaTerm.app
     Daves-MacBook-Pro:MacPorts dave$

Fascninating, as Mr Spock would say...  Looks like I have to reinstall
MacPorts from scratch?  Yes, I installed AquaTerm a couple of days ago
so "gnuplot" would work; looks like I somehow Trashed MacPorts.

-- Dave