Using smtube

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 17:09:02 UTC 2020

On 2020-02-28, at 8:28 AM, dan d. wrote:

> Using  open + appname  on the command line, will it play a yutube url if placed after the command,ie. not running the app first?
> Thanks.

smtube is a scaled-back browser/searcher for youtube. It passes the URLs to your viewer of choice.

It's been a little while, but I believe the one that works best is MPlayer.

There is a way to use MPlayer to directly play a URL from the command line.

man mplayer

has a boatload of information about that.

Best,