/opt/local/share/info/dir

Pieter van Oostrum pieter-l at vanoostrum.org
Sun Jan 12 12:57:07 UTC 2020

I noticed that on my computer /opt/local/share/info/dir hasn't been updated for a couple of months although I installed several ports with info files. My /opt/local/share/info/dir has dat Nove. 7, and several *.info files in /opt/local/share/info/ are not in the dir file. Even some files older than that aren't included.

For example the gdb port was installed on Oct 22, but ggdb.info* files are present in /opt/local/share/info/, but it is not in the dir file. There is, however, an older entry
* Gdb: (gdb).                   The GNU debugger.
which is no longer functional.

Should the install procedure not automatically update the dir file? Or must I do something special to get it updated?
--
Pieter van Oostrum
www: http://pieter.vanoostrum.org/