Test in local repository without privileges

Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate dave.allured at noaa.gov
Fri Jan 17 22:36:42 UTC 2020

Chris, thanks for the quick reply.  You are correct, a private macports
installation would enable testing ports without special privilege.
Actually I have already done this many times for testing and debugging
other cases.

However, I would like to find an intermediate solution that avoids full
build-up from sources.  My main reasons are (1) test sensitivity to
installed ports in the system prefix; (2) save time and effort; and (3) be
able to provide compact, uncomplicated reproducers to third parties.

If not currently possible, it would be nice to have a new feature to enable
local repository testing, with fallback to the system prefix for everything
not found in the local repository.